An impactful way to take climate action is to influence your workplace and your company to become more climat- friendly. Reach out to the management team or your manager and ask them to:
- introduce a climate, supplier and travel policy.
- serve vegetarian or vegan food as norm with meat as an option. Go “Veggie First”!
- order catering from companies that makes delicous food out of food waste.
- replace IT equipment when it is no longer functional instead of every third or fourth year as is the usual standard.
- buy second-hand IT equipment, for example via Inrego.
- fix first. Repair before buying new.
- reduce food waste by notifying coworkers when there is food left from events and meetings.
- switch to renewable electricity.
- rent or buy second hand office furniture, via for example reCreate (Sweden), Recycled Business Furniture (UK) or Sustainable Office Furniture (Australia).
- start calculating your company’s carbon footprint. We at GoClimate both offer an automated calculation tool and manual calculations.
Read more: How to climate-proof you business